2004 Block of the Month Quilt
The Many Designs of Friendship
"The Many Designs of
Finished Size: 101" x101"
This Block of the Month series will be a bit different from the 2003 series. We will be making a larger quilt and you will need to make more than one of each kind of block. Blocks range in size from 6" to 12". At the end of every three months, you will have a quilt in a size that can be used as follows:
- January - March will yield a 42" x 42" wallhanging. (Center medallion and first plaid border.)
- January - June will yield a 63" x 63" lap quilt. (Through second plaid border.)
- January - September will yield a 88" x 88" full-size bed quilt. (Through third plaid border.)
- January - December will yield a 101" x 101" king-size bed quilt. (As shown above.
I hope that you will stay with us all the way to the end, but if you need to stop early, it's o.k.! You will still have a quilt that can be finished and used! There is absolutely no reason for this quilt to become a UFO!
November 15, 2004 - Final Installment
November 1, 2004
- Print out the block instructions for Border Stripes and make 16 blocks.
October 1, 2004
1. Print out the instructions for Corner Stripes and make 4 blocks.
September 1, 2004
August 1, 2004
1. Print out the instructions for Ribbon Quilt and make 14 blocks.
July 1, 2004
1. Print out the instructions for Snowball and make 14 blocks.
June 1, 2004
May 1, 2004
- Print out the instructions for Star Variation and make 6 blocks.
April 1, 2004
- Print out the instructions for Greek Cross and make 6 blocks.
March 1, 2004
- Print out the instructions for Corner Triangles and make 4 blocks. Follow the instructions for assembling the Center Medallion and Borders to complete the center section of the quilt.
February 1, 2004
January 1, 2004:
- If you are not planning to make the quilt in the colors shown above, print out the Coloring Quilt and play with color combinations by using colored pencils or crayons. You can also print out a copy of our quilt to use as a color reference.
- Print out the Fabric Requirement list and go shopping! If you are planning a smaller quilt, choose from the following: Wallhanging, Lap Quilt, Full-Size Bed Quilt, King-Size Bed Quilt.
- Print out the block instructions for Mosaic No. 5and make four blocks.